Please do not use Safari web browser as it is incompatible with our application.
Please do not leave your application open when not actively working on it. Click Save/Submit and close the browser, otherwise you will encounter an error.
If a trip does not appear as an option in the application, that means it is full.
Winter applications close October 15.
Spring Break applications close November 30.
Summer applications close January 15.
We at FOCUS Missions do our very best to ensure a smooth process when you decide to apply for a mission trip, pilgrimage, or sports camp. Refer to the steps below when applying. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Insert your e-mail address and create a password on the application login page. You will be sent an e-mail with a link to the application. To return to a saved application, simply enter the same e-mail and the password you created at the application login page.
If you encounter any issues with the application, please contact us at email@example.com.
- A $50 application fee and two references are required to complete the application. The references are automatically sent out via e-mail upon submitting the application. Your $50 application fee will count toward your total trip amount to fundraise.
- In order for a trip to show up in the application, you must enter your gender, applying year, and applying season. All applicants for this year’s trips must select 2015 as the applying year.
- You will be required to submit an initial $200 donation for your trip within one week of acceptance on the mission. Failure to submit this donation will result in ineligibility of your application.
Mission Volunteer Standards:
- You are a student on a FOCUS or non-FOCUS Campus. (You must be a student at the time of application. i.e. Graduating seniors are still considered eligible even though you may not technically be a student at the time of the trip.)
- Young adults and high school seniors at least 18 years of age or above (at the time the trip takes place) may apply for mission trips; however, full-time university students will have priority in the participant selection process. Non-student and non
- Applicants need not be Catholic and are very welcomed on mission trips, but they must adhere to a written Statement of Faith. Non-Catholic participants are expected to participate in all activities (such as praying with the group) and asked to embody a positive spirit of openness and collaboration.
- Applicants must be able to fully participate in the mission trip.
Here are several items that are taken into account when making selections for mission trip participation:
- The applicant’s status as a student.
- Order of applications received.
- Strength of application.
- Personal interview with the trip director.
- Recommendations received for the applicant.
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip.Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- You will be contacted by your personal fundraising coach soon after you have been accepted on a mission trip to train and mentor you in each step along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
- Participants must commit to a ‘Statement of Faith.” Even if you are not Catholic, we wish you to acknowledge the Statement of Faith as these are the principles that will be taught and communicated within the group during talks, as well as in teaching moments with those the group is serving. We ask that you respect and adhere to this statement in any matters concerning the faith.
- Participants must sign liability waiver. It is our intent to minimize every risk that might impact you and yet simultaneously acknowledge that in in a foreign context we do not control the sanitation, the laws, or the degree to which laws are enforced, and must therefore recognize a certain element of risk.
- Participants must sign a financial agreement, claiming responsibility to cover the cost their mission trip, whether that is accomplished through fundraising or paying out of pocket before the time of the mission trip.
- Participants must sign and emergency contact form.