Gallup, New Mexico
“The trip to Gallup not only opened my eyes to the poverty that is present in the United States, but it also opened my eyes and heart to Christ’s love. It allowed me to be open to how Christ is working in my life. I can honestly say that that trip helped me to continue to grow in my Catholic faith and feel Christ’s love in my life.”
Rachel Bauer- Bradley University
The Indian reservations in Gallup, New Mexico, claim some of the highest rates of poverty in the United States. Come work with the Missionaries of Charity in the heart of this poverty, bringing the light of Christ and a heart of cheerful service to the people of Gallup. We will also be at a St. Anthony’s Mission School on the Zuni reservation where we will work shoulder to shoulder with the people of this tribe, both on manual labor projects and in the school. Experience a spiritual rebirth as you pray and share your life with the Native Americans of this reservation.
Spring Break 2015
- Dates: March 14-21*
- Trip Director: Shannon Zurcher
- Mission Co-Leaders: TBD
- Amount to Fundraise: $450*
Price includes: Travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, and on-mission transportation. (Does not include: your travel to/from mission location, other personal incidentals).
* Dates and amount to fundraise subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- You will be contacted by your personal fundraising coach soon after you have been accepted on a mission trip to train and mentor you in each step along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
The trip to Gallup not only opened my eyes to the poverty that is present in the United States, but it also opened my eyes and heart to Christ’s love. It allowed me to be open to how Christ is working in my life. I can honestly say that that trip helped me to continue to grow in my Catholic faith and feel Christ’s love in my life.
Rachel Bauer – Bradley University
“Going on a FOCUS Missions trip gave me the chance to step out of my comfort zone and directly into serving God and His people. In just one week, I went on an incredible faith journey that cemented my relationship with and faith in Jesus Christ. The most beautiful part was actively living out Christ’s love alongside wonderful people from all over the country and being able to grow with them. Back on campus, I now feel more confident than ever in my faith and I love sharing God with others!”
Jenn Wivell – University of Maryland, College Park