“This trip was amazing. It was definitely the most difficult thing I’ve ever done but also the best–it really changed my perspective on everything in my life and made me even more determined to live out my faith.”
– Emily Ostertag, Columbia University
Language: Bahasa Indonesia, English
Exports: Copper, tin, gold
Fun Fact: There are approximately 740 different languages and dialects spoken in Indonesia.
Follow in the footsteps of the great Saint Frances Xavier; experience the grandeur of our worldwide Catholic Church, all the while journeying through the historic terrain of the spice islanders! Indonesia, a Southeast Asian nation made up of thousands of volcanic islands, is home to hundreds of ethnic groups speaking many different languages. Amidst its beaches, volcanoes, and jungles sheltering elephants, tigers and komodo dragons, you’ll be working side-by-side Indonesian college students to serve and love the often-forgotten poor on the fringes of society, in the remote villages of the ancient isles.
- Dates: July 18-August 3, 2017
- Mission Director: Samantha Breiten
- Mission Co-Leaders: Elizabeth Jachimiec, Nicholas Brown, Alan Goodenberger
- Amount to Fundraise: $4,000*
Price includes: Roundtrip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. (Does not include: immunizations and travel meds, your travel to/from US departure city [departure city will be determined by the Mission Director], passport/visa expenses, other personal incidentals).
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- You will be contacted by your personal fundraising coach soon after you have been accepted on a mission trip to train and mentor you in each step along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“By examining my own relationship with Christ, this mission trip made me see how little I trust him. Compared to the people we went to serve, who literally trust Him with their whole lives, I realized I have so much growth to do in that area, so I can trust Him in each moment of everyday, with my whole life.”
– Nate AuYeung, University of Connecticut
“The Philippines mission trip taught me about how God’s love is one that is constantly pouring over us. He desires to challenge us and bring us closer to Him. I felt this by Him calling me to abandon my worldly possessions, worldly thoughts, and to truly be vulnerable to Christ and his love.”
– Lauren La Coy, Illinois State University