“This mission trip taught me what it truly means to be the body of Christ. Reaching out in self-dying love for the love of Christ and his Church has created a fire and zeal in my heart to continue the Great Commission even back here in the states. I have truly experienced the love of Christ, viagra and it is my deepest desire to bring this joy and Good News to others.”
– Rachel Lain, try University of North Texas
Language: Irish (Gaelic), English
Exports: Pharmaceuticals, Medical Equipment, Perfumes
Fun Fact: 90% of Irish nationals are Catholic, but only 30% ever attend church.
Come experience the very land where St. Patrick taught the Catholic faith with the aid of the 3 leaf clover. On this mission, we will work alongside the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, striving to bring hope to our brother and sisters in Northern Ireland. In response to the past conflict between Protestants and Catholics that has left devastating results on the faith, we will be spreading the love of Christ by teaching discipleship and mentorship to the young adults in the area while inviting those far from the faith back into relationship with Jesus Christ.
Please consider coming along with us as we experience the beauty and richness of this culture through mission!
Ireland Nashville Dominican Sisters
The Nashville Dominicans are now in Ireland! Come serve with the Dominican Sisters in Ireland over Spring break.
Spring Break 2017 #1
- Dates: March 3-12, 2017
- Mission Director: Eric Goetz
- Mission Co-Leaders: Kaitlin Gilday, Eleni Phelps, Edmund Lazzari
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,900*
Spring Break 2017 #2
- Dates: March 10-19, 2017
- Mission Director: Shannon Zurcher
- Mission Co-Leaders: Emily Langan, Michael Coleman, Matthew Schmerber
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,150*
Spring Break 2017 #3
- Dates: March 17-26, 2017
- Mission Director: Matt Newell
- Mission Co-Leaders: Rebecca Zander, Lauren Murray
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,950*
Spring Break 2017 #4
- Dates: March 24- April 2, 2017
- Mission Director: Lesley Wharton
- Mission Co-Leaders: Sean Turgeon, Rachel Turgeon, Sean Flack
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,150*
- Dates:July 6-25
- Mission Director: Ashley Haiar
- Mission Co-Leaders: Brendan Keane, Clare Schumaker, Matthew Terra
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,000*
Price includes: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. (Does not include:immunizations and travel meds, your travel to/from US departure city [departure city will be determined by the Mission Director], passport/visa expenses, other personal incidentals).
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- You will be contacted by your personal fundraising coach soon after you have been accepted on a mission trip to train and mentor you in each step along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“I went on mission in order to share my faith, but I did not realize just how much I would be moved. The mission trip completely changed my outlook on life and how I am called to serve the Lord. I do not know where He is calling but I do know that because of this mission I will not be afraid to follow Him wherever I am called.”
– Thomas Bernhardt, University of Illinois
“Ireland showed me the way that Jesus is calling every single person just to love Him. Before we began sharing with the Irish people the way that Jesus desires to be in intimate relationship with every person, we had to believe it ourselves. The Holy Spirit was so present on this trip, and we had to learn to open our hearts to allow the Lord to work through us. We are not tools for the Holy Spirit, but partners in sharing His love.”
– Abby King, Auburn University
“This mission trip turned my life upside-down in the best way possible. I have never known Christ on such a deep level, and I met his mother along the way at the shrine in Knock. I am so grateful to have come face to face with the Lord!”
– Tina Barnes, Northwest Missouri State University