“This trip was probably one of the biggest spontaneous adventures of my life thus far. I came in not knowing that an organization like FOCUS existed. However, by the blessings and faith in God, I was accepted and embarked on the biggest life changing experiences of my life. I learned how to give and receive love through the poor and sick, become fully immersed in my faith, and find a group of amazing, like-minded people. For anyone that is on the fence about joining a FOCUS mission trip, I say, just do it and leave all worries to God. He will provide.”
– JinYoung Kim, University of South Carolina- Upstate
Are you a student in the medical field interested in going on mission? Come join us Argentina, Mexico City, or the Philippines!
Jesus calls us to serve the whole person — physically and spiritually. Come share your medical skills with those in need while sharing the love of Christ through incarnational evangelization!
Join us for our first ever FOCUS Medical Mission trips ro Peru! We will be working to serve the poor by caring for their basic medical needs. These trips with be full of exploring and breaking new ground for years of FOCUS medical trips to come!
Join us to venture o to rural north-central Argentina to a beautiful rural area called Los Juries to provide physicals to children who grow up having never seen a doctor. You will work alongside a pediatrician and the priests and religious sisters of the Institute of the Incarnate Word. Visit with locals and give hope to an impoverished parish in a struggling diocese. You will experience no shortage of Argentinian culture, including soccer, and the second week you may have the chance to visit one of the seven natural wonders of the world in Puerto Iguazu!
Partner with FOCUS and Filipino-based groups Couples for Christ (CFC) and Answering the Cry of the Poor (ANCOP) for a chance to encounter radical poverty and practice works of mercy with the medically under-served in the rural and urban regions of the Philippines. You will have the chance to use your medical skills in rural medical clinics in the Bataan province, Medicare hospitals for pregnant women, and serving alongside the Missionaries of Charity in urban Manila in their homes for the sick, abandoned, and dying. You will encounter Christ in his generosity and complete gift of self while staying in families’ homes in rural villages and providing care to local people experiencing radical suffering. You will also have the chance to experience authentic Filipino cuisine and potentially the western islands’ beach front before you return to your future mission back home!
Spring Break 2017
- Dates: March 10-19, 2017
- Trip Director: Meghan Mueller
- Mission Co-Leaders: Arianna Johnson, Peter Walters, Sam Walton
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,000
- Dates: May 14-26, 2017
- Trip Director: Meghan Mueller
- Mission Co-Leaders: Lindsey Stein, Hayden Merkel,
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,400*
- Dates: July 11- August 4, 2017
- Trip Director: Marcus Vargas
- Mission Co-Leaders: Amber Crites, Carrie Schmidt, Carl Lewenhaupt
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,750*
Price includes: Roundtrip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. (Does not include: immunizations and travel meds, your travel to/from US departure city [departure city will be determined by the Mission Director], passport/visa expenses, other personal incidentals).
* Dates and amount to fundraise subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- You will be contacted by your personal fundraising coach soon after you have been accepted on a mission trip to train and mentor you in each step along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“This medical mission trip was definitely an enlightening and humbling experience. Initially, I was wanting to attend with the intention to gain more medical experience to make myself more competitive for medical school, as I knew this would be like every other Catholic event I went to- lukewarm with Christ and then on fire after, only to revert to a lukewarm state with Christ. Because of this mindset, I was some-what shut off to the light of Christ, whether it be the doing of pride or the devil, but eventually and with the various experiences on the trip I humbled myself so that the Light of the Lord could shine on my soul to comfort and heal my wounds, which were ravaged by pride. While on this mission I learned the importance of prayer, through the examples and interactions of my fellow missionaries, but also from the poor. It was the power of prayer which brought about a calmness and hope in the poor and inspired the missionaries. After all, if I truly want to grow close to God I must talk to Him- the means of which is prayer. For if I refuse to pray I refuse to speak to the Lord. Among many other humbling experiences, I believe this one was by far the most impactful. Simply, watching others (missionaries, the poor, sisters, priests) changed my heart, knocking down the wall of pride only to see the Lord standing there waiting for me with open arms, as He always has. I now know that prayer will be my armor and humility my weapon against the destruction of pride and snares of the devil.”
– Brandon Grieshaber, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences