“This mission trip taught me what it truly means to be the body of Christ. Reaching out in self-dying love for the love of Christ and his Church has created a fire and zeal in my heart to continue the Great Commission even back here in the states. I have truly experienced the love of Christ, unhealthy and it is my deepest desire to bring this joy and Good News to others.”
– Rachel Lain, University of North Texas
Exports: Machinery and equipment, chemicals, fuels
Fun Fact: The Netherlands is commonly known as Holland.
Come join us for our first trip to the Netherlands where we will be serving with the Dominicans! Be one of the first to pilot a mission trip to this Dutch speaking country, and pave the way for others to follow in spreading the Gospel.
- Dates: July, 2017*
- Mission Director: Carol Marceau
- Mission Co-Leaders: Kelsey Ludvik, Scott Sabo
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,800*
Price includes: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. (Does not include:immunizations and travel meds, your travel to/from US departure city [departure city will be determined by the Mission Director], passport/visa expenses, other personal incidentals).
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- You will be contacted by your personal fundraising coach soon after you have been accepted on a mission trip to train and mentor you in each step along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“I went on mission in order to share my faith, but I did not realize just how much I would be moved. The mission trip completely changed my outlook on life and how I am called to serve the Lord. I do not know where He is calling but I do know that because of this mission I will not be afraid to follow Him wherever I am called.”
– Thomas Bernhardt, University of Illinois
“Ireland showed me the way that Jesus is calling every single person just to love Him. Before we began sharing with the Irish people the way that Jesus desires to be in intimate relationship with every person, we had to believe it ourselves. The Holy Spirit was so present on this trip, and we had to learn to open our hearts to allow the Lord to work through us. We are not tools for the Holy Spirit, but partners in sharing His love.”
– Abby King, Auburn University
“This mission trip turned my life upside-down in the best way possible. I have never known Christ on such a deep level, and I met his mother along the way at the shrine in Knock. I am so grateful to have come face to face with the Lord!”
– Tina Barnes, Northwest Missouri State University