Winter Baseball/Volleyball Mission Camp
Merging the Puerto Rican’s passion for baseball with a passion for Christ and His Church, FOCUS Missions together with Varsity Catholic is hosting a Catholic Baseball Mission Camp for boys and a Catholic Volleyball Camp for girls in rural Puerto Rico. In this community, we will run the camps for the local children with the aim of channeling their passion for sport to a passion for the Catholic Faith. Our time in Puerto Rico will end with a tour of historic San Juan.
This trip will allow collegiate (and/or professional) athletes a chance to serve the poor in a radical way through mutual love of a sport. As we work to demonstrate the benefit of bringing Faith to these two games, all trip participants will get a great opportunity to coach local youth, experience daily prayer, enter into the celebration of the Mass, and take in some beauty of the tropical Puerto Rico.
The trip will end with the final two days of SEEK 2013 in Orlando, FL at the Swan and Dolphin Resort.
- Date: December 27th – January 6th
- Trip Leaders: TBD
- Estimated amount to Fundraise: $1600* plus airfare to/from Miami from your specific departure city
All participants will meet in Orlando on December 27th, and be free to leave from Orlando on January 6th when SEEK 2013 finishes. Please direct all questions to email@example.com
* Dates and price subject to change
You must supply two references.
Download both documents, fill them out and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*After submitting your application via email to email@example.com, you will receive an email to pay your $50 app fee. Please use the same email address when you pay that, as the one you used in your application. Thank you very much.
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip.Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- You will be contacted by your personal fundraising coach soon after you have been accepted on a mission trip to train and mentor you in each step along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.