“Christ Jesus is here on earth. It’s so hard to see and hear him in the noise we live in. It took prayer and quiet of a life of simplicity to hear him. And it took compassion and suffering with our brothers and sisters to see him.”
– Carissa Ramirez, Angelo State University
Exports: Machinery, metals, clothing
Fun Fact: Italy is home to Europe’s three active volcanoes.
Rome: Welcome Home!
“The Eternal City” welcomes over 7 million visitors a year, and we will be there to welcome them to the very Church that Christ Himself started on the shoulders of our first Pope, St. Peter. Whether it’s standing in St. Peter’s Square or next to the Coliseum, we plan to actively engage tourists from across the world, striking up conversations with anyone and everyone, and sharing the beauty of our faith while walking the streets where the first martyrs of the ancient Church walked. Meet Jesus in your own poverty as you encounter the lives of the Italian people serving the destitute in orphanages and prisons alongside the Missionaries of Charity.
Spring Break 2017 #1
- Dates: March 3-12, 2017
- Trip Director: John Bishop
- Mission Co-Leaders: Natalie Giangrosso, Sarah Talley, Daniel Rhoda
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,450*
Spring Break 2017 #2
- Dates: March 10-19, 2017
- Trip Director: Emma Dickinson
- Mission Co-Leaders: Abigail Ruskey, Julie Dirienzo, Anthony Cirillo, Brendan de Padua
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,600*
Spring Break 2017 #3
- Dates: March 17-26, 2017
- Trip Director: Brittany Beck
- Mission Co-Leaders: John Powers, Katherine Janelle, Steven Cybulski
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,000*
Spring Break 2017 #4 (Greek)
- Dates: March 24- April 2, 2017*
- Trip Director: Helcio Sumbe
- Mission Co-Leaders: McKel Heebink, Paul Mosher, Abby Haarmann
- Amount to Fundraise: $2,100*
- Dates: July 5-22, 2017*
- Trip Director: Elli Fugate
- Mission Co-Leaders: Julia Brown, Erin Corbett, Jacob Rigmaiden, Benjamin Acosta
- Amount to Fundraise: $3,750*
Price includes: Round-trip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. (Does not include: immunizations and travel meds, your travel to/from US departure city [departure city will be determined by the Mission Director], passport/visa expenses, other personal incidentals).
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- You will be contacted by your personal fundraising coach soon after you have been accepted on a mission trip to train and mentor you in each step along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“I would say that the mission trip definitely affected my life in that Jesus was able to reveal to me in a new way the beauty of mission. He did this not only by filling me with peace and joy while serving the poor, but also through hearing the Missionaries of Charity sisters and fathers speak about their own love for Christ and how they find Him in the poor. I think one fruit from being affected in this way is that I came home with a deeper apostolic zeal and desire to give of myself.”
-Andrew Rydlund, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul MN
“It is absolutely amazing what God can do when He brings 20 complete strangers from all across the country together in a foreign country to spend a week spreading His love! Through prayer, serving the homeless, and street evangelizing, my trip to Rome taught me what it truly means to trust in God, be constant in prayer, and rely on Him for strength. Words cannot express how deeply I fell in love with the person of Christ while in the heart of the Catholic Church. Each person we encountered, especially the ones lying in the streets, taught me a little more about the person of Christ and how to have a deeper relationship with Him. Might I also add, walking the exact same streets as hundreds of Saints who gave their lives for God was an experience I’ll never forget!”
– Kaylee Murphy, Murray State University
“This year, I was invited by a missionary to go to Rome and couldn’t wait to go! I had so many ideas and thoughts about what Rome would be like and how my faith would be impacted. My expectation going into this trip was to experience the beauty and heart of the church as well as grow spiritually and come to know, love and serve God more deeply. This trip exceeded my expectations on so many levels. My team was great, and because of our desire to grow spiritually, I connected with all 19 of my teammates and by the end of the trip I felt like they were long lost friends! I didn’t want to part ways with them! Even though we live in different states, we are finding ways to stay connected and keep each other active and excited about our faith. I also fell more deeply in love with Jesus Christ and his children (The World.) Because of this mission trip, I have new perspectives about how I will live my life and bring the joy of Christ to others!”
– Dominic Abbott, Minnesota State University, Mankato.