“It was one of the best decisions I made to spend with my spring break, when I could have spent it doing nothing. It is a very eye opening experienced also humbling, knowing you are serving Christ, while serving the less fortunate.”
– Christina Saveth, University of Tulsa, 2015 St. Lucia Mission Trip participant
Exports: Bananas, clothing, cocoa, avocados, mangoes
Fun fact: Saint Lucia was named after Saint Lucy of Syracuse.
St. Lucia, located in the east Caribbean, is an island full of life and beauty, but in need of love. Come join us this Spring Break in St. Lucia to spread the love and joy of Jesus Christ found in our Catholic faith and in the community we share.
Traveling daily from the capital of Castries we will be visiting youth in schools all over the country and helping provide encouragement, support, direction, purpose and most of all hope found in Jesus Christ. Here we will be provided with an amazing opportunity to share the gift of ourselves and of our faith with the struggling youth of this country. We will also have the chance to serve the diocese of Castries and advance the mission of evangelization across the whole island as we visit different communities and towns.
Coupled with daily prayer and Mass this mission trip is guaranteed to deepen your faith life and relationship with God by serving His people in St. Lucia and by loving and serving Him in all we do. Apply today for this amazing mission trip!
For information about the Varsity Catholic trip to St. Lucia, please click here.
Spring Break 2016
- Dates: March 5-12, 2016
- Mission Director: Martha Griswold
- Mission Co-Leaders: Michael Carroll, Elizabeth Hendee, Zoe Myers, Dylan Eilertson
- Amount to Fundraise: $1,700*
Price includes: Roundtrip airfare to mission country, travel insurance, pre-trip orientation retreat, post-trip debriefing retreat, all food, lodging, materials, and in-country transportation. (Does not include: immunizations and travel meds, your travel to/from US departure city [departure city will be determined by the Mission Director], passport/visa expenses, other personal incidentals).
* Dates and price subject to change
- Each FOCUS Missions participant has the opportunity to fundraise the entire cost of their mission trip. Consider that fundraising allows people who may not have the opportunity to travel on a mission trip to participate in this essential work through you. In another sense, “some give by going while others go by giving.” Allowing others to support us through their financial commitments and prayers is essential to the success of FOCUS Missions!
- You will be contacted by your personal fundraising coach soon after you have been accepted on a mission trip to train and mentor you in each step along the way.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time by phone or email with your fundraising questions.
“This experience was by far one of the best trips I have ever went on, and I travel a lot. It not only allowed me to help others but it also allowed me to grow even deeper into my faith. I was able to feel the presence of God in my everyday life in every moment and without this trip I don’t think I would have been able to do that. I saw what I took for granted as a catholic and as an American in my life just even going to mass I took for granted which some people in St. Lucia don’t even have the privilege to go to. What I experienced on this trip is by far a grace of God and praise him for letting me be a part of what we did there.”
– Courtney Taylor, University of Vermont
“The trip revealed that material comforts are not necessary and may even be hindrances to a strong relationship with Christ. The poor and suffering people who had complete trust in Christ even in the midst of their suffering moved my heart to try to love and trust God more. I also realized the need to surrender in order to love God more. Without surrender, complete trust in God is not possible.”
– former FOCUS Mission Trip participant